Why Attend a Pharmacy Career Workshop?
Why would you attend a Vertica workshop on Employability, CV Writing and Interview Skills?
Well, would you drive a car without taking lessons from an expert driving instructor on how to do it? …… Hopefully not!
The same goes for your job search skills; why would you undertake changing jobs without taking advice from experts?
Combine this with a current oversupply of newly qualified pharmacists leading to a tightening pharmacy recruitment market and there has never been a more important time to ensure you are more employable than the competition.
Skills For Life
Our workshops will equip you with job search skills for life and not just for this round of job applications.
These skills that are not just useful, but essential in today’s competitive market place.
Pharmacy Specialist Workshops
Pharmacy – Employability, CV Writing & Interview Skills
We run specialist courses aimed at pharmacists, pre-registration pharmacists and pharmacy students due to our extensive experience recruiting in the pharmacy market.
Our coaches have personally interviewed thousands of pharmacists and have also designed interview processes and structure for pharmacy companies.
There have been significant changes in the pharmacy recruitment market and we are in constant contact with pharmacy employers regarding the recruitment methods they utilise.
This unique insight and experience in the pharmacy market has led us to develop specific courses for this sector.
Pharmacy – Employability, CV Writing and Interview Skills
Free CV Review
Once you have written your new CV after the clinic – send it to us and we will provide feedback and suggest revisions for free.
Course content includes:
- How to understand who you are and what you have to offer professionally
- Creating a Career Action Plan
- Networking and marketing yourself
- CV purpose, structure and key elements
- Covering letters
- Examples and discussion
- Some time to begin writing your CV, with feedback from the trainer
- Preparation and research before your interview
- Non-verbal behaviour
- Competency-based interviewing
- Unstructured interview questions and how to answer them
- Tricky discussions such as salary negotiation
- Interview role-play exercises
- Tips on how to blow your interviewer away
- How to close the interview professionally
- Interview follow up
How to Book on a Workshop
To book a particular workshop, view our schedule and and click through to the specific workshop you want to book – you can then book from that page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What preparation is required before the workshop?
- Prior to your workshop, we will email you an information pack along with a fact-finder questionnaire so we can understand your expectations for the day.
- No other preparation is necessary. The workshops are a complete course designed to equip you with the tools for progressing in your career.
How long will the workshops last?
- The exact times of the workshops are on the page for the individual event – however as a general rule timings are below:
- Full day workshops last approximately 8 hours including a one hour lunch break and coffee breaks.
- Refreshments will be provided including a light lunch for full day workshops.
- Half-day workshops last approximately 4 hours with a short refreshment break.
What extras do I receive as part of the course?
- You will receive all course notes, tools and exercises to take away with you and complete in your own time.
- Once you have written your CV after the course, we will review it for free.
- We build relationships and keep in contact with all course attendees after completion of a workshop.
In order to book on one of our workshops click here to review the courses and dates, select the workshop you require and book on the page for that event.